Home Bound 2019;

30th January

A family reunion!

It felt weird at first and with the miscommunication earlier, 
my family waited for me at KLIA instead of KLIA 2. 
So I didn't get to hug them when I first saw them, instead, my sister and my mum got down from the opposite lane just to help me with my luggage (rushing) and quickly get back into my dad's car.







 It didn't turned out to be what i imagined 😂

It still pretty sweet seeing them tho.
we stayed up late and I was busy showing off snacks that I bought and I had a hearty warm soup as late dinner!

.....

I was mainly home for Chinese New Year and I didn't get to meet much people this time unfortunately >:(

So I vowed to go back at least in the middle of the year some time so I would be able to at least get back to my favourite tourists spots and eat all the FOOD. FOOD. & FOOD.
Plus, it's also easier to catch up with people during the non-peak seasons.

It was really sweet having those bonding sessh with my relatives and cousins again.

1. Queued an hour for The Alley's bubble tea (some expensive shit that's for sure)
2. CNY Day 1 having Hawker Stall food (ain't complaining!)
3. Managed to fix my chicken feet cravings @ Ipoh
4. 11pm BKT sessh @ Klang
5. Uncle's treat for everyone else including Grandma @ Jeff's Kitchen
6. Random chendol and family mart adventures
7. Morning dimsum + harmee goodness with the couzzzz

Even tho, the topic might have changed and it felt weird seeing my younger cousins talking about work life tsk 
but they are still eager to drag me out for food.
Or maybe everyone knows how much I love my food ahahhaha
I swear both my mum and dad's side of relatives tend to ask me what sort of food I wanted LOLOL

I swear it went by in a blink of an eye.

It felt weird seeing my mum off to work in the morning the next day I arrived but it felt good being able to wave her goodbye when she reversed her car from the driveway.
It felt good being able to chat to her while she is prepping for work.

As for my granny who is 96 years old,
she is still the same!
Non stop nagging at me and my sister not to forget about my mum blahblahblah
But she is the cutest!
It felt good trying my best to chat with her (in hokkien), trust me it was a struggle!
I had no trouble understanding but when I try to reply, my mind just went blank. 

Conversations with grandma *hokkien*:

"Are you happy this Chinese New Year?" 
*not the exact words but...*"I've had enough....I am old or too old to even walk properly, if I can just go in peace I would be happy..." 
"PLEASE DON'T. MUST WAIT FOR ME!"
"WHAT FOR?!" 

LOLOL

That's my grandma 😥
Always talking about not wanting to be around D: 

Now that I am so used to hanging out with my sister all these while,
being able to wake up and someone to hang with,
when I am back here,
I felt lonely :/

Just a matter of time of adjustments I guess SIGH

...


Anyhow, random yet emotional the last day...
17th January.

Initially me and my sister got told to at least treat my dad birthday dinner before we leave but it turned out to be him already getting some ingredients as farewell lunch
HE MADE SOME ABALONE DISH OMG

Also,
It was random that my sister wanted to get a new laptop and blablabla ended up having my cousins drove down and picked us up to Digital Mall.
It was like few hours before my flight and they decided to tag along to the airport as well :')

Felt so bad because my grandma asked them all to join dinner because there's still some leftover ingredients from CNY but my flight's gate didn't open till almost 8pm.
So I decided to head to the gate first so it's easier for them all.

I totally lost it after I hug my mum first T_______T
Followed by hugging my dad then I saw my sister was in tears too.
I pulled a "Rachel" from Friends when she cried and did her cried talking with Monica.
That is exactly what happened to me and my sister when I was trying to say "I will find you in Korea" HAHAHA 
I have to repeat the second time after I calm myself down for a bit LOLOL

Although my parents are just chill af LOLOL

I am the most emotional one ahhahaha

....

I swear strangers can tell that I am struggling with luggages 😅
And I always managed to get away with carrying them by myself because people tend to help me out HAHA

Also, 
note to self that i can never enjoy overnight flights

IT. IS. TORTUROUS.
Not being able to sleep comfortably T__________T
And with the airconditioning blasting towards my face. 

....


& of course, the return to MEL wasn't what I expected either, because
1. he was stuck in traffic
2. I was stuck in the security/baggage claim
3. drizzling
4. trying to come to terms on where to go so he can pick me up
5. struggling with the trolley cart & have to show some puppy eyes so the stranger would "unwillingly" help 


WHAT A JOURNEY
Thought I should jot it all down!


Till then xx

Comments