Adventures with Jane // June 2018

Hey peeps!

Finally decided to have some interesting memories jotted down here after a year omg
So much has changed that's for sure.
Looking back at my old blog posts and it's pretty embarrassing... but I was pretty happy re-reading it; Because it definitely triggers some old memories that were worthy and I was surprised at those bits and pieces that I thought I would remember but I didn't.
So I thought I should at least quickly blog about it before the fun memories got pushed back again.

There we go,
This blog posts is more like a memory of roadtrip with Jane. 
This Jane is definitely my favorite Jane because she and I are the closest among other Janes 😂 but for the record, most of the Jane that I knew they are all really humble and gorgeous. 

we go wayyyyy back. 
It's funny how every time she visits Melbourne, as each year goes by, our friendship became stronger.
I first met her through Jesslyn and we weren't that close when she was still in Melbourne but after she went back for good, the following years that she visited Melbourne, somehow it strengthens our bond, it's crazy
Guess we all take things for granted all these time but hey, I am really glad we are still chatting and already secretly planning on where to bring her next year :P

Long story short, it wasn't until maybe February or March, she told me that she is coming back to Melbourne early June! It didn't really hit me till like May we were randomly discussing about the places we should go, and she was easy going and she trusted me to sort out the destinations. 
I browsed some cool AirBnb places and showed her some, she had no complains at all.

Finally the week that she arrived and again, this year it wasn't until the 4th day that she was here that I get to see her.
Adulting :( 
I remember last year I met up with her almost everyday during her stay and dragged her everywhere. 

This year tho, we had a breakthrough of staying over elsewhere together. A bit worried because apparently I grind my teeth a lot at night D:
I did met up with her the day (before our roadtrip begins) for a cup of coffee after my work. 
we chatted like normal at Gilson after Shrine of Remembrance then showed her my current place. 

....


The next day, road trip starts!
I had this crazy idea of waking up super early for this cafe that was on her list so I got to that cafe around 8am but apparently she got lost walking around but I gotta pick up the car around 9am so it was a bit tricky at the time. 
It wasn't until 8.20 that I decided I will need to grab a take away coffee because she hasn't arrived, even the waitress ask me twice if I wanted to order oops
But just so happened that when I was ordering a to -go, she appeared ahahah
Felt bad tho that I have to leave her to pick up the car.
Of course, parking has to be a bitch so in the end I asked Jane to hop on because I couldn't find myself a parking spot.

Also, apparently, the wait staff at the cafe asked her couple of times that if I were to come back or where am I 😂

I decided to drive her to Lune because she wanted to try it but I have no idea it was only for take away on that wednesday .... UGH so remember to do some more research guys if not you'll ended up being disappointed. 

Next stop to pick up her luggage at her cousin's. 

Then finally ... to my favorite Japanese cafe at Brighton! 


Then to Mornington Peninsula's Mornington ... 
This was the embarrassing bit OHLORD 
So the parking was a struggle there too but finally found a spot and it was tight AF
And of course my parking was insanely lousy because I only drive maybe once a year or twice -___-
Just when I was trying hard I just couldn't work it out and I scratched the car  FUCKKK
That wasnt the worst tho, it was this couple that was parked right in front needs to get out of the space and they saw almost everything
 -__________- and I have to ask Jane to help me ask the dude to give me guidance
-________________-
Can you imagine the PAIN?! 
My ego and my reputation LOLOL

but the dude's method worked ahahaha
I got traumatised tho.....

And I got myself a brekkie board @ Store Fifteen to calm myself down

Off to Cape Schanck next! Just realised it was my fifth time to that place and it never failed to amaze me TBH

And off to my very first AirBNB experience at St Andrews Beach.
One thing I hate about winter is the day seemed super short and it just made me feel to unproductive. 
Back to the accommodation, it was SPLENDID 
I swear both of us got all excited when we opened the automated gate, and omg there's the owner's dog welcoming us and she is super obedient T___________T




Next stop, to catch the sunset at our close by beach.
It was super peaceful and just a couple of surfers. 
It's been way too long since I watch the sun goes down by the beach, and again, always surprises me 💗


Off to hunt for dinner and I was craving for thai. 
wait, we went to woolworths to buy some snacks at first and we got some liquor and the guy wanted to check our ID -_____-
I brought my passport because I KNEW but Jane didn't.
The guy was chill enough ahaha he said it's fine and I replied, "it's a compliment for her" ahahaha
went to the nearby suburb but there's not much food choices. walked up and down to search for this thai place that has a pretty good rating but we couldn't find it. 
Saw this mother-daughter duo walking 2 dogs and one of them was a pug and I died a little inside. I got some pats HEHEHE so I asked this mother-daughter duo if they knew any good asian food places nearby and they mentioned that thai place that we were looking for
They offered to walk with us there T_____________T super touched but we all find out that it was closed for the time being bummer
we thanked them then I decided to go to Rosebud for thai instead. 

we choose to get take-out so we can stay cozy and watch big bang theory since it was on.



Spot Penny 😂😂
She is totally checking us out while we were eating.

Had some wine but man, we both felt really tired and just head to bed around 10pm.
I AM OLD



.............................

The next morning, we decided to catch the sunrise but LOLOL just when we were both ready, and as soon as we get to the beach, it was a windy AF day btw, we realised the sun rise on the other side but the beach wasnt the best place to witness it so it was a fail D:

went to Sorrento because Jane was talking about this cafe that she wanted to go 2 years ago and it was closed at the time ahaha
Had some caffeine in while chatting about adulthood work and office gossip  


After that we decided to check out the nearby beach.. Sort of. More like a ferry terminal but that day was kinda cloudy in the morning :(



And we came to talking and then I somehow mentioned JB bringing his gf to Sorrento because she was craving for the vanilla slice so off we go...



Destination has just begun guys.
Finally checked out the "London Bridge" of Mornington Peninsula.
It was pretty glorious although we were the only tourists there it was quiet but hey, not complaining.




Time to pack up and leave our AirBNB >:(
It was fun and I kept complaining on how much I miss Penny already 😭
I would totally come back for a stay just to see Penny T________T

....

Yarra Valley trippin!
It was like almost 2 hour drive tho.
Straight to winery because it was Jane's favourite drink HAHA
She will laugh about it if she ever read this.

Pretty happy with the drive because it was just way easier and less complicated.
I think if i ever were to drive to the city I will freaking freak out.

Anyway I have been through like 1000000 roundabouts this freaking roadtrip -_____- that will totally last for awhile.

was trying to decide if we should stop half way for brunch but come to think of it there's not many like really awesome brunch places around the outer East area (no offence because if I were to explore cafes I would make sure the menu must not be way too typical, you know?)
So... Off we go straight to De Bertoli!

Man, it has been a year since I was there because the last time was the time when I hung out with my sister and cousins.
Brought Jane there and she had a glass of shiraz.
It was really fun and I remember her expression when I was driving pass the vineyard. It was breathtaking alright?



After that we head to the chocolaterie! Funny story, that was our first roadtrip way back when we were both students staying in unilodge. But we weren't AS CLOSE. cant even compare tho ahahah
She bought her chocolate goodies while I order some lunch because I am starving!


Our lunch whilst enjoy the view and seeing lots of happy families/tourists.
And I got asked to help taking a photo for an Indian lady 😳

Finished our lunch and me, the animal enthusiast just have to drag Jane to the farm on the other side. Didn't managed to interact with the alpacas but I certainly had fun feeding the goats and laughing at the only pig in the farm.
Jane was particularly amazed by the pig ahahahha




ALRIGHTY off to our second AirBNB and HOLY SHIT
we were like screaming out of joy when we saw how amazing it was!!!
It is totally way way better than what I have expected and omg it was even more equipped than the first accommodation and the only downside was the toilet ._________.

It was just mindblowing when you open the door and all you can see is kangaroos 😎 they are not too close it's all good but man, my best experience with nature is totally this accommodation.
Love love love the loft style bedroom too!
Always wanted something like this.

CABIN INSPO T_______T
One day guys, one day.




we were just totally amazed by this tiny house and we spent a whole lot of time taking videos/photos.
After we are done, I decided to have a cup of tea with Jane at the mini seating enjoying the "sunset" without being able to see the sun.



Unfortunately that day as well as the next is absolutely gross but hey, at least the weather when we were at mornington is pleasant.

No words guys, Melbourne will always have a way to surprise me everytime.

So when it gets super dark, I dragged Jane to my all time favorite distillery, Innocent Bystander.
I can never get enough of their moscato man.
I ordered the same stuff when I came earlier this year but it is still so good!



Date night for both of us 😂
After that we headed to Coles to buy the stuff that she needed to bring home.

OMG we are both like old woman alright, didn't finish the alcohol at all and we were totally knocked out around 10pm or 11pm LOL

BUT THAT MIDNIGHT I had the worse sleep ever.
Not because of the place but omg the wind that night is absolutely horrifying.
I was just constantly awake because I just felt like the house or even the rental car will get blown away man.

.............


The next morning, don't worry, everything was fine hallelujah
but we did totally talked about it ahahaha
we were both paranoid but I guess Jane wasn't as paranoid as me 😂

Had a quick shower at the tiny house before we had to check out :(
Oh I forgot to mention that this shower is definitely goals too! I am definitely in love with like the wood interior of the shower design.
It's just really gorgeous and our first airbnb has the similar style too.

waking up to kangaroos guys T______T



How can it be our last day of roadtrip already?!
It's crazy D:

Next stop to this bakery that I found and I remember passing by the day before finding it really nice so we decided to check it out.
Had our caffeine fixed and a danish to share.

It was a rainy morning :(

After that we head off and Jane wanted to find the spot that she and her mum hang out way back when she first came to Melbourne and had a tour to Healesville, her mum helped her took a photo nearby.
She took her comparison photo and omg, it was just amazing!
She definitely looked way much slimmer compared to when I first knew her.
Very good effort gurrllllll

walking back to our car and of course I had to pat this dog which is super cute, the owner let me played with the dog for awhile while he is showing me tricks that the dog could do T____T
Too cute!



Next stop is this random green house? I saw this mainly because of the alpaca but omg the rain is super gross that day.
we didnt have anywhere to go. oh wait we did drive us to maroondah reservoir but the rain is absolutely disgusting and i dont think going to the dam with this weather condition is a good idea :/

anyhow en route to this other destination but my gps signal was low so i basically wasted almost an hour just to drive back and forth for nothing
but we passed by something that looked like where Edward Cullen is living and Jane is loving it ahahah

back to that green house place and omg we were like the only youngsters there ahahahha
It's like a old people's social gathering that afternoon 😀
I ordered hot chocolate for both of us while we wait for the rain to calm down but after almost an hour it's not really happening.



we left after the elderly left too LOL
Talked to the shop owners about the weather and they agreed on how gross this weather is too tsk

Off we go to Tarrawarra because there's like museum of art and at least it's indoor so we don't really have to worry about getting soaked.
But man, we paid to see artworks that I am not particularly interested .________.
I am sorry but I am a noob when it comes to art. I love to just get a glance and move on instead of reading it thoroughly but definitely a modern art person > vintage/heritage worthy





Took some pictures too of course but ugh, gross weather suckss!!!!

And last stop is this four pillars distillery that I discovered!
we had some gins to share and some toasts because better not have alcohol with empty stomach and also, we didn't have lunch (surprisingly)

It was pretty nice to experience different types of gin as well as the new gin shiraz.
FANCY

That officially marks the end of our road trip :((((

I just cant believe how time flies so quickly when you are having such a good time.
It's crazy.

The road trip back home wasnt too bad at all but the parking around my area was a pain tho.
Funny enough when I found a spot, and it was definitely a tricky one, Jane offered to help LOLOL
But then, a dude passed by and I did not expect him to talked to us because he must be thinking these two asian female drivers struggling with parking is "surprising" LOLOL
anyway, he passed by and said something along the line of trying to park? then I said yeah and is this okay to park?
Because Melbourne's parking is confusing af okay and so strict UGH
Anyhow he said yes and after that he saw that we were struggling and he even offered to help
OMG KIND STRANGER

But of course, after he got in, and Jane got out and thinking about how all our stuff is in the rental car and the stranger is driving it, that thought of him could just drive off any second just hit me
WTFFFF
But he was all good but if you readers please do not be so incautious like me, I am way too lucky.

who would have thought anyone would offer to park for us awww ahahah

at least we are all good at this moment.

Got Jane to chill for awhile before I drag her to Tina's and helping her with her luggages to her airbnb in the city which is right next to hosier lane.

Just can't believe it's over >:(((
And her week here is almost over.

Although her very last full day, we went to this crepe place at fitzroy because she wanted crepe and then Lygon Street for dinner along with Pidapipo and Yochi after.
It's just a fun filled weekend and lots of memories.

Also, the next morning, we had our last brunch at kettle black! T________T
And she surprised me with the yarra valley chocolate pastilles that she secretly bought without me noticing T___T

and few days after I had the postcard of Tarrawarra museum because I told her about wanting postcards if she is in Germany.
That woman.

I am very thankful for the things she done.
It's just these genuine gestures that I appreciate most.
well I may not be her very best of friends, but I certainly know she will be one of mine that I treasure.


...........

All the best Jane in whatever you are doing and I hope you are happy whenever and wherever you will be.
Melbourne will always have a place for you and without you, I don't think my life in Melbourne will be as awesome.

To many more friendships ahead :) 💓💓


Till then xx

p/s: OMG it has been awhile since I had a loooooong ass post like this.

pps: are there anyone that are still checking on my blog at all? 😶 Leave a comment/reaction if you dare. I am seriously curious if there's any long time readers HEH 😰


Comments