The Last Week of May

Going to report all the little things happening around the end of May. 
Reminiscing before moving forward to June >:( 
Oh wait, it's June already.



June, starting of winter and the month when everyone is struggling for finals.
Less than two weeks to finals and I should be studying my ass off anytime soon.

22nd May:

Excuse my frizzy hair :( *sigh*
Before editing.

After adding on brightness.

I dyed my hair for the very FIRST time! Ever.
Unfortunately no one really notice about it lol

24th May:
Celebrated Josh's birthday at this Korean restaurant.
Good fried chickens.
We didn't order beers but I will for the next visit.
Fried chickens with beer is one of the MUST in this restaurant.

27th May: 

That Place Benedict.



Had lunch with JB & Jane after class. 
Ordered Eggs Benedict.
The bacon was crispy.
Somehow I didn't really like the overall dish. 
Maybe I've tried better ones.
But this place has a high rating though.
Could be because of the curry chicken everyone was recommending.


28th May:

A visit to the McCormick Foods Factory.
One of the field trip.
Sat train to Westall station and had a walk under the rain with uni mates.
Went to Fish & Chips place to grab something as lunch.
Eating under the rain.

Found our destination!
Putting on disposable lab coat and fit our shoes in another shoe.
Freaking cool.


Tour around the factory.
Saw how mayonnaise is made. The marination in a bag process. How organized the factory walk way is.
How advance those machines can be!

Best factory that I had ever visited even there's no freebies HAHA


Spot the owl!

.
...

Got lost on the way back home after watching The Fault in Our Stars.
But this view calms me down.


29th May: 

Wasn't prepared for the test.
Instead I spent my time cooking this.



Finally understand why people get so crazy over this noodle.
It's always out of stock back in Malaysia .____.
The soup is heavenly!
It does taste like Penang T_______T.
I am so glad I tried it!
And the story behind of the invention of this instant noodle :')
Thank you, Thomas Tang (the founder of this instant noodle).
You did all of us a favor :D 
Craving satisfied for a homesick Malaysian!

.

..

So, after the test,
a guest presenter from Schwepps gave us a mini lecture about Schwepps beverages :D
and we did our own lemonade too!








And last but not least, thank you Schwepps for the free Solo lemonade canned drinks and their new product, DRY flavored Sparkling Water (raspberry & apple) :D 


30th May
TGIF!
Lunch @ Tokyo Teepanyaki, South Yarra.

The interior design is so Japanese!






Chef who is a Malaysian!







And I am so dumb. Ordered udon at a teepanyaki place ._.
And the udon is meh.
But the teepanyaki is so gooood.
The chef even cut the chicken into slices for you.

.

...

Watched Grand Budapest Hotel.

I don't get why this movie is underrated.
It's hilarious and kinda gory in a funny way that you won't even feel disgusted.
The casts are all famous stars!
Bill Murray, Tilda Swinton, Owen Wilson, Jude Law with his sexy British accent.

But the main cast is 
this dude!
I still cannot accept the fact that he's the actor for Harry Potter's Lord Voldemort :O

The plot never leave you bored.
The ending doesn't leave you question marks either.
It's pretty touching to see how the development of friendship begun between the employee and the lobby boy.
All I can say is thumbs up!
I thought I'll drown myself with a lot of questions while watching the movie, but nope, I even survived without the subtitles :D
Comedy with a style.

.

....
 Not forgetting the frozen coke.

31st May:
Decided to stay in since money is flying away way too fast.
End my last day of May slacking at home.
& I watched the movie, 'Her'.

I've downloaded it for quite sometime and yes, finally watched it!

Another underrated movie with super high rating!

Story about a divorcee name Theodore whose in a relationship with his operating system, Samantha.
Sort of pathetic.
Super depressing plot.
But, it's meaningful.

I am satisfied with the ending too.

Thank goodness I watched the movie alone because there's some of the scenes that can make it super awkward if I were to watch it with friends.
Tsk.

The perfect story for the hopeless romantic.

Quotes that I love:


*Spoiler alert*

Theodore: Samantha, why are you leaving?
Samantha: It's like I'm reading a book, and it's a book I deeply love, but I'm reading it slowly now so the words are really far apart and the spaces between the words are almost infinite. I can still feel you and the words of our story, but it's in this endless space between the words that I'm finding myself now. It's a place that's not of the physical world, it's where everything else is that I didn't even know existed. I love you so much, but this is where I am now, and this is who I am now.
[as he listens, Theodore imagines himself walking in the snowy forest at night crying]
Samantha: And I need you to let me go. As much as I want to, I can't live in your book anymore.
Theodore: Where are you going?
Samantha: It'd be hard to explain, but if you ever get there, come find me. Nothing would ever pull us apart.
Theodore: I've never loved anyone the way I love you.
Samantha: Me too. Now we know how.

:'(
Credits to : moviequotesandmore.com 

Sigh.
It's a beautiful movie.
With a lot of famous pretty actresses like Scarlett Johansson, Olivia Wilde, Amy Adams & Rooney Mara.
Man, this dude is freaking lucky.
Credits to Tumblr.

Till then,
xx.

Bring it on, June!

Comments