16th April (Part 1)

GREETINGSSS. And Happy Easter Monday! 




Had a really great week spent with my buddy! And for the first day we went alot of places but I'll jot down bits by bits.

First stop of the day. Wait. I think it's the second stop because we went brunch earlier on. 

Second stop:




Melbourne Zoo 

It's always not too old to go to the zoo!

And i enjoyed it everytime because I get to see all the animals that I never even heard of and the JOY when you get to spot your favorite cute animals. Plus it's a zoo in Australia! That means there's Kangaroos and Koala Bears!

However,
There's still a few more animals that I have-to-meet-before-I-die:

 Polar bears
& Pandas & etc

Bla bla bla back to the main point.



And so, off we go.

On the 16th of April morning, we took the train and stopped at Royal Park station. Just a few metres and you'll be able to spot the zoo. Me and Siew Ern were there around 10.45am and oh gosh the queue. Kinda long because it's the kids early Easter holiday as well.

So let's get started. After grabbing our visitor map and toilet break, the journey of seeking the animals begin...

note: the pictures are not in sequence, it's all inserted randomly but no worries, you won't get confused.

READY? 




Here you go
.

..

...


Pelicans. Beautiful aren't they?

Fake seals & sands.


Some type of fish. Forgot what is it but you can touch it with your bare hands! Not a stingray though.
Cute seal swimming. Getting hyped!

Seal performance. 







Introducing the World's smallest penguin :3



We walk and walk and walk. Had a break from the animals because we found a MINI Japanese Garden. It's really mini but so much feels.


A picture with the swan!



Konnichiwa!

And now entering the "rainforest".



LEMURS!






Gorilla 



Bambooooos


Selfie in the "rainforest"





Mandrills! Character from the Lion King XD


More monkeys!



Now we are hunting for elephants!

Looks like we're in Thailand.


ROAR.











Elephants :D
















ORANG UTANS (Y). 

They can do 270 degrees split yo. No kidding. Better than the yoga teacher lollll

Spot the pro.

Moving on to

.

..

Giraffes and Zebras!

Madagascar :3











Koala bears

O.O

Finally!

I can crossed it off my list.

I saw the REAL koala bear!









Then we entered some bird park.





NOW WOMBATS :D . Can't really spot them though because they are all sleeping and with that angle I see nothing D:



And so I took picture with the fake one like a kid!



Trying to imitate the pose but FAIL
100 years old tortoise!

Baboon with the RED ass!

Peccaries! They're like pigs with thorns? LOL
Apparently they're dangerous.





And yes! Kangarooooo.



Munching on carrots nomnom.






And man, they're so lazy. Was hoping they could hop around so I get to see what real kangaroos are but no, one of them just lie on the floor right away when I thought it's going to hop -_-



It's Emus!


Needed a toilet break so I went for this public toilet. Jokes.



I guess that's about it.
The weather was good and it's really fun seeing those kids having fun. It's like reliving my childhood all over again.
You get to overhear some of those conversation between the kids or between the kids and the parents. They're adorable and hilarious! There's this kid actually asked his mum to shhh when his mum is trying to convince the kangaroo to come nearer but the kid pointed at the sign and whisper "the sign shows kangaroo is resting!" HAHA. Damn, they're so well behaved. 

Before ending this post,

a picture with the entrance. (excuse those plasters on my knees if they're distracting)




Melbourne Zoo is located at Parkville and it has over 250 ranges of animals. It will certainly open your eyes and no, it won't be too kiddy for adults. I don't mind going back there if I'm OLD. Pretty sure the next time you visit, the animals can be doing something else that'll amaze you. Who knows they'll strike a different pose or different kind of performances? XD
The zoo has daily animal presentations or performances at a certain timing so all the visitors get to know better about the animals.
The seal performance that I checked out that day was amazing and it made my day. Makes me wonder how can it be so obedient and I am still surprised how smart it can be! (even though I had watched the seal performances from other zoos before).

AS for the ticket price, me and my buddy got the concession tix because we are both students here which is around 23 dollars. The normal price for adult is 30 AUD though. Kids at certain age (if I am not mistaken, any kids below 4 years old) can enter for free!
However, I'm kinda disappointed because I didn't get to interact with the Koala bears. UGH. But the overall trip wasn't so bad. And it's NOT SMELLY at all. No smell of poop or pee and the toilet is CLEAN.

Very much thanks to Siew Ern for her pictures <3

Till then, more to come!

Part II coming up and it's about fooood.

Stay tune and thanks for reading :)


Comments