I'm sometimes insecure about the way I look;

Oh Ellen DeGeneres.
You still manage to pull off your humorousness even in words. I salute you woman! My favorite talk show host of all times.
Anyway, the blog post title is actually quoted from her book that I am currently reading. It's called "My Point & I Do Have One" & I enjoyed it very much. There's never a page that I can resist laughing.
I find the quote correlates to my everyday situation. Or I can say most of the time. I am always insecure about the way I look. Every time when I passed by passersby, I wonder how would they judge me and when I think about that, I feel so stressed out so I decided to channel my eye contacts on the footpath instead tsk.
Symptoms of a social phobia? LOL

20141027

Waking up to the last week of October. I was so determined to wake up earlier to study but thanks to today's unusual weather, I decide to sleep in till 9.30am tsk. Failed big time.
No idea why, but the weather is insanely weird.

At first it was raining real heavily, but then it got sunny again. Just when I thought it's sunny, it got gloomy but when it's gloomy, here comes the terrible wind. Oh Melbourne.
Y U SO COMPLICATED?!
Moreover, it all happened just within half an hour and it's repetitively for each half an hour.
Oh well.
I thought spring suppose to possess cheerful vibe. Guess I was pretty wrong then.

Decided to get a cuppa coffee because I needed to escape from my room to study a few lecture notes.
Captain of Industry I go!
Ordered a cup of mocha and I managed to grab a seat by the window.
Experience the watch of the crazy weather while sipping on my mocha.
I feel so achieved though having to read through 2 lecture notes. Even though I am not sure that I even remember ._. 
After half an hour, there's a guy who transferred his seat to next to mine. And he smiled at me. Aww. Aren't you nice?



bla bla bla. Kinda motivated a little. Ahem.
& then, he asked me to check whether if the writing from the note was the same as he thought it would be, so i gave him my best shot on what the letters would be. oh well, hope i helped.

Before I went off, I asked if it helped, and he said he figured it out bla bla. Chatted a little and knowing that he's not from Melbourne and he love this not-so-busy cafe too. Guess he's one of the regulars. & yes, hope to see this guy around if possible :)

Isn't it nice when strangers smiled at you and greet you even before you leave that place?
I know it would be strange if everyone does that to you, but once in awhile, it ain't that bad if you're alone in a cafe.
Wish there's more people like that. I would be grateful.


20141028

Oh so bored.
Nothing much to update about.
But...

I feel so achieved for not spending any money on anything at all for this very day!


20141029

Ah.
Weather was kinda chilly and sunny in the afternoon.
Decided to treat myself a cup of mocha and also study a few lecture notes!



Anyway, totally forgot to brag about the nougat which is one of my major project for this semester.
I shall talk about it right here.
So it's been like two months since my team made that final product and 2 weeks ago, our teacher releases the marks for our group & well, my group was the second highest among the other groups.
Well, with the amount of effort that my group mates put in, they sure as hell deserve it :)
95/100 on the group report! WOO.
 So so proud!

Flashback to 20140917 :)









I still remember my teammates will organize meetings almost every week just to work things out.
Email each other about the report progress.
I'm actually pretty glad that I got such cooperative group mates though it was all arranged by our lecturer randomly.
We were struggling to get the ideal chewy nougat texture ever since the very first practical but on the final day itself, we got it at last! AHHH. The joyful look on each of us after finding out that we got the right texture after removing the tray from the fridge. Woo.
Anyhow, it's been really nice working with you guys :') . & oh, I just remembered all of my group mates are all from different countries haha. It'll still be one hell of a memorable moment even though it was pretty frustrating at first.


20141030

Spent my morning lazying around.
Typical me again. Bla bla bla. I know you guys are sick of me complaining about myself. Oh well. sorry not sorry.

Anyhow, met up with JB and off we go to some cafe, managed to color a few pages again before I go off. Spotted a girl with a mixture of Lily Collins & Anne Hathaway. Soooo gooooood looking omggg. How I wish I have her looks.

But after I parted ways with JB, I realized I left my timtams at the cafe ughhh. How frustrating. Thank goodness it's not far away from my place but this forgetful mind of mine made me missed out the chance to grab dinner because I was almost late for work grrrrr.

Work was pretty busy today, in a way.
But I enjoyed today :)
Though there wasn't any memorable interactions with the customers. Just that there's a point that I am handling both sections by myself. THAT. WAS. JUST. Insanely annoying. UGH
Met a few hyped up kids though.

And hmm, I should just take this as a normal friend kind of thing. Self reminder.
I shouldn't take this any further because in the end, I'll only hurt myself with all the unnecessary delusions.
No more high hopes please, WaiYan.
I can't bear anymore.


20141031

Spent almost the whole day at South Yarra & Prahran area.
First, sipping coffee @ The Final Step as I saw that was one of the top coffee place to check it out from a magazine.
The setting was pretty cosy. A very nice and chill place to talk definitely!


Found a book that talks about the coffee in Melbourne. 
& I noticed I'm one of the 7% who love mocha, to kickstart my day. Usually Melbourne-ians order latte and cappuccino with the stats of 30% each!
Fun fact though.


Saw how Aussie did their auctioning just outside the premise itself. A guy seemed to be the moderator introducing it out loud and there were quite a number of people surrounding him.
Oh. I can never understand real estate stuff do I? Seemed kinda complicated to me.

Next stop we had lunch @ Two Birds One Stone.
That's when we first spotted two guys in the Wizard of Oz characters costume haha.
At least I got the chance to see people dress up during daylight.
Had our Fro-Yo @ Yo-Get-It and damn I didn't guessed the weight correctly if not I would have gotten it for FREEEEE

Studied and slacked in Prahran library for around 3 hours tops then off we go wandering around the streets again.
Checked out Tsubasa Chronicle manga in the library and I loved when finally Sakura remembered what she wanted to say to Syaoran :') . Even though it's pretty cheesy but the drawings are really exquisite!



Standby @ Astor theater to get the tix to watch Lord of the Rings!
WOOO. So excited though. Never thought I would have the chance to check it out on big screen.
Was the Lord of the Rings fan since the 3rd one was released. Even though I was kinda immature to understand what's the story line about, but I always think that it was way better than Harry Potter (no offence intended).
Was kinda keen on checking out if anyone would dress up as any of the LOTR characters but meh haha.
Anyhow, I was really happy to see the cinema was 70% full and oh my, I think this is my third time watching LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring.



I can say that I understand a whole lot better now.
I was surprised to see everyone laughing (including myself :D) at the Boromir scene too. It looked as though everyone knew about the 9gag meme heh.



& the bromances. Oh god. I can't help but to laugh at most of it.
Those stuff that Sam said to Frodo. Soooo cheesy but jealous in the mean time LOL
Sam: I made a promise, Mr Frodo. A promise. “Don’t you leave him Samwise Gamgee.” And I don’t mean to.
:')

Merry & Pippin as well! They're both so cheeky and adorable HAHA



How can one not mention about Legolas heh. I remember when Legolas first appeared on screen, I swear there's a number of people swooning all over & that includes me :3

HAHAHA


Few quotes that I adore from the movie:
One of them that strike me real hard was this:

“I wish it need not have happened in my time,” said Frodo.
“So do I,” said Gandalf, “and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
Credits to SparkNotes.com.


& the best part, that theater provide intermission period hahahaha.
Didn't see that coming!

Yay! I am looking forward to check out the rest of the Trilogy and also, Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy & Inception wooooooooo.

Not to mention, while I was on my way to purchase the ticket, along Chapel street, I saw a couple dressed up as Scooby Doo & Daphne (why not Daphne & Fred?!). And a guy which looked like he came out of a swamp, & a whole bunch of cute kids trick or treating along the shops! Soooo cute!
I always wanted to be part of it sigh. But now, too old for that.
Damn it.

That marks the end of October. To be frank, it was honestly the best month ever!
I enjoyed every day and every minute of it. I can really say there aren't any hard days at all for this very month.
Really hope the last 2 months of this year will do the same :)


Till then xx.

Comments