Eureka Skydeck 88

Superb night view.

Greetings! 


.

..

On the 12th of April, I finally get to meet up with my primary school classmate after 7 years (I guess). Thats quite a looong time. Few weeks before, she told me that she's coming to Melbourne for a visit and asked me where's this place. I couldn't answer her haha. So i asked Uncle Google what's this place looks like and all the pictures shown are so breathtaking yet the price is not ridiculous so I asked if I could tag along and be a tourist for a day with her. Bla bla bla. We decided where and what time to meet up and this day has finally arrived!
.
..


A little introductory before I flood this post with pictures.


Eureka Skydeck 88: It is located in the Eureka tower which is 297.3 metre or 975 feet skyscraper located in Southbank. It took about 4 years to complete the Eureka Tower and it consists of 91 floors including one basement level. It is also ranked the 50th tallest building in the world. The 88th level is the one that has observation deck that allows tourists to enjoy the scenic view of Melbourne. And you get to enjoy the view in 360 degrees! But it's not going to rotate slowly like the one in Menara Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
It is also the only observation deck in the world with the glass cube which slides out from the building called "The Edge" that can let you experience of what you call REAL HEIGHT. DAYUMM.

Picture from Google. This is how "The Edge" looks like.

And, Eureka Tower has the lifts that can be able to travel 9 metres per second which is super fast!


Alright,
Pictute time!




The ticket purchasing area and line for Eureka Skydeck. (No I'm not taking pictures of them and we are not related! But, look at him posing with a smile tsk.)

And we proceed to the lift, and HERE WE ARE! Taking pictures on the 88th floor :3




















Apologies for my reflection. It was surrounded by glasses so I can't help it D: . 
And  couldn't really differentiate which picture has which buildings in it so I didn't bother explaining HAHA.
There'll be quite a few similar pictures with similar views though.

And oh, I was there around 5.45pm and waiting for the sunset. Nowadays the sun sets super early, not as early as compared to winter, but still, I am not used to it. 
More pictures ahead! 


The pointy and unique building is Art Precinct btw. You're welcome.

Through the hole: Yarra river beside the Flinder's Station.



And we found the Terrace. So me and my friend get to take pictures without the annoying reflection. But it looks like a bird cage HAHA. That day was super windy and I shivered most of the time while taking pictures.





Like I said, it's super windy. See how messed up is my hair D:

And it's getting darker yo! All the lights are up, which is around 6.15pm? 











One of my fav. That's Art Precinct again and the another two shiny buildings are the Olympic Precinct. So prettyyyyy! And it's only 6.30pm ._____.

A selfie with Joey earlier on :)


Apologies for the low quality pictures, they are all taken using Iphone or Samsung so yeah. We bought the tix for 15 dollars (Concession price because I've a student card!) & 19.50 dollars (Adult price for her).
It is open from 10am to 10pm and I suggest that if you just wanna check out the view of sunset but you don't wanna waste your time on waiting for too long or you're afraid to miss it, please do research on the timing for the sunset!
There is also an alternative choice which is the two days pass which costs around 25 dollars. Using the pass, you get to enter the Eureka Skydeck so you can experience both the day time view and night view on separate days.

I didn't buy that pass because imma cheapskate >:(
.

..

...

Here are the photos of the entrance or exit:

You saw a queue? Apparently you can get married up there. On the 89th floor LOL



It is quite easy to find the place. You just need to look for trams that will stop at the tram stop 20 which is the Art Precinct stop. Just walk straight towards the National Gallery of Victoria and towards then Yarra River, for about 5 mins-10mins walk you'll be able to spot it!

Or if you're using the train, get off at Flinder's Station, and take a walk towards the Yarra River and I-dont-know-how-to-explain-anymore-, sorry, ask google for me please! But if you walk towards the Prince's bridge you can definitely spot the Eureka Tower because it's the only highest building over there.

It is located to the Travelodge Hotel if it's easier for you to spot :x


Thank you so much for reading again.

Toodles!

Comments