"They called it good old times for a reason";


"The scariest moment is always just before you start."


20160106

South Melbourne Market bound!

Clement's Coffee > Simply Spanish




20160107

20160108

TGIF.
Coffee @ Everyday coffee. Lunch @ Ichi ni Nana then drinks after @ Upside with JB.





Again, talking about the life after ... Just sucks :(


20160109

Brunch @ Kitty Burns.




OMG it's such a dog friendly area.
Saw a Frenchie, Pug, Labrador. OMGGGG
I squeaked every time I see one.Just wanna pat them all :(

...

Off to Victoria Gardens for K Mart.
Got some daily planner from Typo. SO NOT ME. well, mostly because it's on sale. I got 3 thick ones for like 3.50 so WHY NOT.


20160110

Started using the daily organizer!
Hopefully my life is not a mess now bahahaha
Nonsense.

...

Got my coffee take out @ AMBA
Then off to work.

20160111

Venture out to get coffee again @ Shopfront.
He seemed to be enjoying his ice latte.



Had Macca's after.


20160112

Coffee with him in the morning @ Picnic

...

work for the whole day yesterday.
Daytime is so boringgg omg.

Anyway, finally get to check out wolf+hound!
Ice latte for me.

work at night was just alright too. BLEH


20160113

Oooo I love Wednesdays.

Met up with JB in the morning for souvenir hunting.
Cheese cellar at spring st grocer was fun LOL
The french guy made me try cheese! How dare he ahahhaha

Met up with Ric after for Ramen @ Hakata Gensuke.
Talked shit like usual.

Met up with him after.

20160114

work for the whole day BLEH
Ah well.
weather was shitty yet again TSK

Morning coffee @ Code Black, Docklands



20160115

TGIF!

Sorrento in the morning but failed because the weather was shitty and the cafes there, well the menus are not appealing to me.

So w went to commonfolk coffee company at mornington which is like 40 mins drive away tsk
Love that hippy interior.



Then checked out the mornington esplanade.

To be honest, the highlight of the trip is me being able to be the "DJ" and both of us sing along terribly to the songs played HAHA

...

Had dinner @ FOMO thai.

20160116

QVM for belt buckle hunting but failed!

Brunch @ Two Birds Cafe. Loved my matcha spiced pancakes.
And my chorizo on side LOL
I'm weird!



...

Off to library at the dock to return books that i've not read LOL



Some reading session at the library aka using the wifi too.

Colonel Tan's for dinner!




20160117

Met up with Grace and Jane for brunch aka early birthday surprise @ The Kettle Black.
well, it was kinda quiet tho. As in our conversation wise hmm



20160118

Monday!
Finally checked out arkwright & co. which I've been wanting to!



Then to Tetsujin.

Off to Rooftop bar because I can muahaha
Days like this is awesome!


...

Dinner @ Paparich.

Funny how I'm heading back to Malaysia but still having Malaysian food LOL


20160119

Started off with QVM because I need to get the stuff to bring home.
Actual home I meant. Felt weird isn't it?

Hunting out for leeks and siracha sauce because... my dad wants them LOL

Then off to shop around. AKA last minute window shopping.

Got my Padre coffee craving fixed! Because I wanted to check out the city branch heh. But yeah, it's still not as good as the one in South Melbourne branch. That is just topnotch.

Off to Chemist warehouse to scout out for creams but nehhhh

Then to Tsukiji yet again to get my fresh sashimi craving fixed! Off to Scroll ice cream after. GODDAMN the pav was gooooooood.



...

Off to workplace to collect salary and might as well dine in. Glad someone tried something new and actually enjoyed it.

...

It just went melancholy after. Feeling so so sad.
Not sure how I can handle not seeing him at all for 3 weeks and a half :(
Tears just kept rolling down when he said how much he'll miss me. I just couldn't stop.

Funny how before I came here, I did tear alooot. But silently.
This time is just being sad and happy at the same time. Happy that someone actually felt the same.
Knowing that he will for sure be there for me when I'm back. Sad because no one can be like him. No one. Can tolerate me absolutely 100%. Able to adapt with me in any sort of situation. I'm not even kidding.

And oh, his mum called me in the evening me wishing me a safe flight. How cute was that?
Asked me to be real safe and take good care of myself so that they can still see me :')


20160120

woke up around 5am D:

It was a struggle ughhh
Found a parking spot. He held my hand while carrying my luggage for me (insisted when I tried to carry the luggage LOL saying "don't you dare!" HAHAHA) walking to the terminal.

Struggling to find the check in spot. what would I do without him?!
So lost haha

Got hash browns from macca's and coffee @ Cafe Vue.

Love moments like this.
Gonna miss going cafe hunting with him :(
Having just latte and talking shit. Nawwww

...

when it's time to say goodbye, I hugged him while trying to hold back tears. It was hard alright! Trying not to look back so I won't cry again :/ (can't believe my nose is all sour while typing this tsk)

So yeah. I'm about to fly home?
It's such a complicated feeling to be honest.
Excited because I get to eat all the food that Melbourne doesn't have. Can never have.
Excited because I get to see people that I haven't seen in so long. Get to see who that are really behind my back?
Excited because I don't need to do any laundry or house chores on my own.
Excited because I can finally sit in the dining room with my family and how can I not mention my dad's cooooooking!
Excited because  I can finally hang out with my dearest cousins on weekend.

There's much to be excited about but I can't feel it right now.

Because ...
I guess deep inside me I knew there's much coming in my way. Like having a lot of things to be taken care of.

Have to find an actual job when all of this is over.
Have to know what's my actual direction.
Have to give in for my family because it's time to stop using theirs. They deserve to be treated from me.
Have to have a stable life. Not daydreaming around doing no shit.

Have to change who I'm. I can't keep being like this.


Be good whose good to you, which can be really hard to be honest.

P/s: I'm only typing this long because I'm in the airport LOL

....

Plane journey was just BAAAAAD.
That's why it's affordable I guess LOL

Anyhow I swear I slept like 100 times lolol

It's just terrible.
Got off the plane, I swear once I saw palm trees I'll know that I've arrived ahahah

...

Somehow, when I called my dad, he told me that he'll not be fetching me, instead it's my aunt picking me up. My mum was admitted to the hospital. This sucks isn't it?
Not a great start for sure to come home to :(


Aunt treated us dinner tho @ Kar Hiong (SS13)! COCONUT!





20160121

Breakfast with dad @ Teik Kee after sending sis off to uni.

OMG I swear I ordered like an idiot tsk tsk

"mat yeh min?"
"maifan min, gon lou? ... umm ... but i'm not sure."

Another lady was trying to help me by speaking to me actual english.
"what do you want?"
"ummm my dad asked me to order this but I'm not too sure."

She just stares and asked me to wait for my dad to come back if i want tsk
How embarrassing is that D:
UGHHHH

Food was good tho!




Anyway, while on my way to anywhere at all, it has all changed.
The buildings, different shop names.
The traffic is just petrifying D:

..

Aaaaand, my mum's condition. Hope it's all good :/
...

I miss having coffee where ever I want without having to worry about transport or safety at all. Now I've to resist and ughh, it's just different. Is it weird to say I miss Melbourne already?

..

Spent almost the whole day taking care of my mum in the hospital and watched like 4 movies in a day LOL
Managed to finish Gone Girl. It is still a batshit crazy movie.

20160122

Morning visit @ the hospital.
And realized my mum's blood platelet count dropped from 13 to 4. So doctor asked her to signed consent for the blood transfusion.
Just so happened, my grandma called, and sigh, I can tell how heartbreaking it was.
My mum's eyes got all teary, made me & my sister caught in tears too.

...

Got transferred to the HDU which is the intensive care unit.
Seeing my mum being all weak and unable to talk properly, it's really heartbreaking.

After awhile, saw my grandma dropped by trying her best to get close to my mum as soon as possible. Asked her to sit down and she held my mum's hand, speaking in hokkien, saying why God choose not to take her away instead of letting my mum suffer.
How can you not cry when you heard that?!

My mum can't really respond and all she did was having tears rolling down her face.
My grandma murmured a lot but mostly saying that I was back just in time so I can physically accompany her at this stage. which i find it irony but true at the same time.
SIGH

...

Grandma left and we stayed to accompany mum for awhile.
Fed her porridge and it's kinda heartwarming at the same time too.
I bet she felt that cuz finally all of us are by her side and doing the family thing.

...

Checked out pyramid and I swear to god it changes aloooooot
Sushi Zanmai is my first stop but sigh, I'm just so surprised everywhere they hire foreign workers. It's just soooo weird!
Having them to serve food rather than the actual races tsk

But food was good so no complains!
Got my niku udon craving fixed, soft shell crab temaki, chawan mushi and many more :D





Coffea Coffee after. RM 12 for a coffee is just plain ridiculous LOL
Shopped around and forgot how expensive things were tsk
RM 99 for a maxi dress @ Kitschen?!
whaaaaat. It's just bizarre.
I thought I'll end up buying something but I didn't. Instead we kept eating.
Had Shihlin's oyster mee sua then to Snowflake.



FINALLY my McD's Chicken Spicy Mcdeluxe craving fixed! OMG it's so good.



Reunited with your favorite food. That feeling is just ... GREAT.

...

went back to the hospital and saw my mum is all energetic than before. It is a relief.
And saw her colleagues paid her a visit, and my aunt, uncle and cousins were there.
Made me realized how family oriented my families are.
They'll pay a visit or give us a call on how she's doing which is what we all needed :)

...

Supper having my favorite pork belly soup while watching Zoolander. Days like this are pretty awesome!

Spot my table ahahaha


20160123

Visited my mum in the morning again.
Headed to my cousin's after.
Had nasi kandar and chee cheong fun!




..

Dinner with the second uncle and his family @ Jeff's Kitchen.



20160124

Headed off to Midvalley with the other 2 cousin sisters.
Heh. It's insanely packed OMG



Had lunch @ Little Penang Cafe. SO MUCH FOOD.
Rojak was awesomeeee





Shopped around and got freaked out by the clothing prices tsk
Jeans @ Topshop for like RM230 is just ... STUPID

And looking through all the places that I used to shop and wondering what was I thinking before.
It's either my taste has changed or the clothing line just went crazy?

Had Koong woh tong after because I missed the herbal jelly!



...

Headed back to the hospital to check out my mum's current progress.
Then dinner with the cousins again @ SS15!
Had my chilli panmee craving fixed omggg



Then loklok omg omg



Then KFC @ Taipan.



THAT SPICY CHICKEN THO.

Probably will get fat sooner or later ahahahha

20160125

Didn't achieve anything at all today.
Visited my mum in the hospital and had curry laksa for lunch. THAT SIHAMMMM
YUM



Felt like there's too many things to do but too little time. Like seriously short time.

Dinner with roast duck & tapao-ed yong taufuuuu



20160126

Afternoon meet up with my favorite girl, Siew Ern!
Decided on the location aka Empire Damansara because ... I've not been there LOL




Metal Box for brunch and complaining how expensive is Malaysia's coffee.
& it just taste ... weird. well it's not as bad tho. Just that it's just different in a way somehow but I would say it's kinda sweet?
I know right, coming from me which is kind of a sweet tooth haha




Seven Cups as second round because I saw Fatbaby Ice cream on display!
Had the salted caramel & lemon sea salt choc.



Headed to check out 1utama!
But didn't stay there for long. Just wow-ing at places.
Nadeje for dessert! The korean yuzu soda tho (Y)


20160127

Stayed in yesterday!

20160128

iELTS test in the morning.
It was frustrating!
Can't believe they totally forgot about me D:
UGHHHHH. I was waiting for almost 2 hours and I was kinda pissed so I decided to ask if they had missed out my turn and yes, they did. PFFFT

welcome to Malaysia where you get to blame the system instead pfft
Not even a single sorry was heard.

Anyway, after I finished, knowing that mum finally get to rest at home! After a week being stuck in the hospital, now she get her freedom back! But of course, work soon bleh
I decided to check out one of the cafes around this neighborhood. It has changed alooot. During my college days, bubble tea was the hit instead but now it's packed with cafes! way too close within the neighborhood tsk

SPACE it is!
& omg, the first person I saw was Daphne Charice LOL
I did kinda stalked her every now & then on her blog, I must say I enjoy reading it, but getting to see her in real life is kinda great too.
But I acted cool. Actually I was fan-girling on the inside HAHA

And having her to make coffee for me wow. Honored indeed!
At least she said greetings, and kindly say thanks after I left which is like almost an hour & a half being in there LOL
It was a struggle not being awkward at all!

Anyhow coffee was actually not bad at all. Remember when I was commenting that it's all sweet at the places that I've tried but theirs is pretty good I would say.
But once again, I ain't a coffee critic. That's just my preference.




Met up with Siew Ern again!
Had our lunch @ Teik Kee while sweating like a pig OMG
walked all over to find places to eat but ended up having tea @ Naj n Belle.




Had the Pomegranate & Oolong Tea with almond crumb rose & lychee cake. It was satisfying!

Pyramid after and had the junior laksa bowl LOL



20160129

Ah met up with Chao Jian! Didn't expect this but I'm glad in a way tho like people that I haven't even text a while wanted to catch up :')
Touche.

Anyway, had breakfast @ Sri Melur because I was craving for roti chanai omggg
And well, I kinda forgot how to order ugh
I told the waiter I wanted plain roti instead of the local term, ROTI KOSONG.
OMG
It was embarrassing. I swear the dude looking at me like I'm some crazy girl.



Though I was disappointed because I didn't get my roti banana craving fixed!

Thought of having a second round but well, there's no parking spots @ SS15 even though we had been circling around for like 3 times tsk
How terrible is it! :(

& of course, we could have gone to Subang Parade just when I was on my way home LOL
Ah well.

...

I swear the sample questions for iELTS test is seriously scaring me.
Fingers crossed that I get less technical questions. It's actually pretty crazy!

20160130

UGH typical Malaysians. It was written that the registration will be at 7.30am but oh noooo, of course, it happens half an hour later LOL

Finally it's over!

Haven't wrote a proper English essay in so long!
Crossing fingers.

...

Village Park Nasi Lemak with Chia Chuan.
That fried chicken tho >:D



Dal.Komm for dessert! Damn that shaved ice thingy is HUGE.
I'm impressed.





....

Headed to granny's for dinner.
Same old feisty granny ahahha

Mum asked my sister to help her with the rice after persuaded her to eat for a while.
& she shouted, "nonono, if I can still cook, I can definitely get my own rice!" (in hokkien tho)
HAHAHAHA
Kinda cute.

Dinner @ granny's!


20160131

Morning shopping with mama @ pyramid!
It was packed!

Met up with Abi after. Had lunch @ Formosa and Nando's just because I'm craving for it.
Peri soup doesn't taste as magical anymore :(




...

Reunion @ granny's!
Had my favorite nangka & granny's homecooked dinner.
Mamak with the girls and ah di after :D

Had my roti pisang craving fixed!




20160201

OMG it's February ughh

Met up with Nicholas in the afternoon for lunch @ Rakuzen!
He seemed to be all matured now tsk. Have to warm up to our good old sampat times.
But it was great catching up!



...

went to my nanny's place after.
Her grandchildren are all grown up now. Especially her sons, they all have their own family and everything just seemed to be so different.
But it's really nice seeing her again.



...

Dinner with Ming Yeaw, Zach & Weiyang @ X-Frens.
Food was gooood. Them lalas and hei goh.

Sangkaya SS15 > Oregi but only mingyeaw shisha-ed.
I didn't talk much but listening them yapping was just hilarious haha



I don't know why but I just can't seem to be as talkative when it comes to group hangouts.

20160202

Merchant's Lane with the girls!
Food was just an absolute disappointment bleh





Round 2 @ Petaling Street's yongtaufu ahahha ABC, Chendol and also chee cheong fun!

...

Dental check up at my aunt's then bak kut teh for dinner :)



Interesting talk about relatives' medical histories.
Guess my mum's side has a really healthy background.

20160203

Dim Sum @ yun lai // ss15. DISAPPOINTING & OVERPRICED UGH



ABC @ SS15 stall.




Coffee break @ Grafa.



...

YONG TAUFU AT MY FAVORITE PLACE <3 & FAVORITE PEOPLE.



...

Haircut in the evening.
was really depressed but after adjusting a little. I seemed to enjoy it and him too heh


20160204

went to ministry of foreign affairs to collect my good conduct cert!
The collection only took less than 10mins LOL

..

Dinner with yuitying @ Burgerlab. It was good.



Second round @ wild sheep chase! Love the friendly staff and cafe vibe.
Ordered the seasonal souffle aka oolong flavored while sipping my longan milk tea.
I enjoyed it!



Talking about uni days and her Korea trip.
Turned out to be pretty awesome!


20160205

Facial with my mum and sister. Took 3 hours for the three of us. Ah well.

...

Main Place exploration time! It was mehhhh
Had some quick snack time with my mum and sis @ Porridge Time. Miss the farm frog YUMMMM




20160206

Coughing like maaaaad

went to granny's! still cant believe it's CNY eve already tomorrow. Time flies indeed. One more week left till i'm back in Melbourne!



...

Impromptu meet up with Rachel!
At least we did meet up in the end after having some struggles in between. Glad we did it :)

At Cosans Coffee.

20160207

Reunion dinner @ granny's!

Morning mamak session with cousin sister and sister :)

Lunch > Stephen Chow movie marathon > reunion dinner!






Had different flavors of kitkat after.


SAKE FLAVOR! It was interesting. How can Japanese be so good at this weird thingy?

...

ang pau sessions after! it's just funny how the adults telling us (the younger ones) to get a partner ASAP, or if you got one, bring him/her home but if you're already married, GET A KID ASAP LOLOL
Can never win can we? But it's just hilarious ahahaha


20160208

Ipoh bound!

Pizza Hut for dinner LOL



House visits.

20160209

Homecooked lunch.



House visits again!

Dinner @ Lou wong taugeh chicken!




20160210

Morning breakfast @ Ipoh Oldtown
Insanely packed OMG



Chill at uncle's place.

20160211

Back home!

Chilled out at cousin's.

Sushi mentai > Jenga @ cousin's. INTENSE


Happy Birthday Cousin Bro!



20160212

Last day in Malaysia tsk
Time passed too quickly ugh!

Morning last minute stocking up @ pyramid.

Regret for not staying longer but in the mean time, kinda relieved that I'm going back because I'm definitely not used to the lifestyle back home.
Ang moh wannabe tsk
Terrible hey?
But still, deep down, I know Malaysia will always have a place. The food, the family, and the friends!

went to the bank to settle my bank account thingy. So not used to not having online banking services ugh
Annoying!

...

anyhow, was really craving for yee sang.
So been begging for cousins to buy me one so the eldest cousin sister decided to bring me and the other two cousins to get it.
Somehow, accident happened tsk
It was minor but turned out to be the most memorable yee sang ever :/



Bid farewell with the rest of my relatives, gave granny and all the aunts a big hug.
Granny like usual talking about her usual stuff, saying she's old, not sure if i'll get to see her if i'm back next time tsk *touch wood*


20160213

Morning. Treasuring the moments being at home with the family.

Family sent me off at the airport. Thought I can finally walk off without having any tears but noooooooo, as soon as I waved goodbye, and went through the door, I couldn't help myself but shed a few tears.
Thats how important they are to me.



...

Stuck in the plane for 7 and a half hours. It was SHIT & dreadful
Finally landing in Melbourne!

The luggage took much of my time annoying gahh
Anyhow, saw him from afar while I exit and hugged him, he gave me a rose.

& a photo frame with picture collages of us :)

20160214

Valentine's Day.
Spent the brunch date @ Collin's Kitchen. It was alright, tho the service was pretty awesome.




Being all fancy.

Headed home after to change and head out again.
Checked out the lunar market and yet again, it was alright.



Dinner @ La Porchetta.

20160215

The Big Short @ Cinema Nova because I wanted to watch a movie!
Coffee break @ Vincent the Dog.

20160216

It's been a year :)

...

went to the market and it was really quiet LOL
Market lane coffee like usual and that's the only time I went out tsk
Anti-social much.

20160217

Met up with Ric in the morning!
Peko Peko for brunch. Then coffee @ Burnside.
Donut Shop after. That raspberry yuzu and cream nomnom

Museum after because we were too free LOL

...

Spencer St Outlet shopping with him.
Din TaiFung after. It wasn't bad but obviously choices were limited.

Awesome interior though.

Zoolander 2 @ Jam Factory ahahahahahha

20160218

Got a take out coffee @ Picnic in the morning and I enjoyed it OMG
That balanced of milk and coffee :)

...

Back to work sucks!

Though I felt so lifeless.
Missing uni life too much! >:(

It was really busy between 7 to 8 and I was the host again. The restaurant is absolutely filled with people GAHHHH
Thank goodness I managed it! Kinda lost the momentum because I've been enjoying life too much HEH

........................................

Till then xx

Comments