Pillar of Salt | 20140919









I love the cafe's name!

Another cafe spotted in Church Street, Richmond.
Heard pretty good reviews about this place and decided to give it a go.
It was pretty packed for a Friday noon and me and my friend have to wait for 5-10minutes to get ourselves a spot.
And yeap, we got a window seat which is perfect for me.

My chocolaty-o-meter for the mocha that I ordered for Pillar of Salt is: 3/10. 
Not too say that it's bad. It's all because Imma sweet tooth.
I added two teaspoon of brown sugar and I love it instantly.
The aroma of the coffee is pretty strong and after adding sugar, it was good.
So for those who enjoy strong coffee taste, this place would be ideal for you I assume.

It was noon, so we were only allow to order what's on the lunch menu.
What caught my eyes is the Thai Red Duck Curry. I wouldn't have thought I would see brunch cafe will serve such dish. 
I know it's a pretty funny combination having red duck curry and mocha for brunch but it was pretty satisfying!
The red duck curry was impressive in a sense that it's not the usual sweet curry like what the other restaurants did that cater for the locals here.
It was not too spicy either.
I was pretty impressed with the presence of brown shallots in this red duck curry too.
Thumbs up for being able to portray the Asian-ness in this dish!
Not to mention, it's been awhile since I had rice for lunch lol!

Will definitely drop by here for again for breakfast next time!

Pillar of Salt on Urbanspoon

Till then xx.

Comments