Snow Fungus with Dehydrated Cole Soup

In the mood of having Chinese style soup, but you have no idea how? You should totally check this recipe out!
Don't worry, I am a noob too but I did it!
.

...

Gosh. I've been missing my dad's soup so so much that I decided to make one which is easy and not-time-consuming on my own.

My another self-claimed achievement:

Feeling kinda proud. It was not as good as my dad's but it's my first time making this soup :3

Right after class, initially I just wanted to get some tofu from the Asian grocery store but I saw dehydrated cole on the shelf first instead, so I bought it. 
Then I saw snow fungus too! HOORAY!
Now I can make my own soup that reminds me of my family :')

.


...

I shall get to the main point.

Ingredients that you need:

Dehydrated Cole
Snow Fungus
Pepper
Salt
Anchovy (Ikan Bilis) Stock Cubes 
and water. LOTS of them! or maybe 1litre is sufficient enough.

p/s: The ingredients above are less than 5AUD in total!

Note: 
1. I used anchovy stock cubes because this soup was a last minute idea so I didn't manage to get the chicken/pork bones from the market >:( . It will taste better if you used those bones to boil. But if you're in a rush, but still wanna enjoy this, stock cubes can be real helpful.
2. You can always add your own additional ingredients like maybe shrimps or fishballs? 
3. You can adjust your own soup base if you want to.

EDIT: Please give dehydrated cole a few rinse and soak for 10mins along with the snow fungus

....

Step by step guide:
PREPARATION

1. Get ready with the snow fungus first. Soak it with warm water.

Pre-soaking
Wait for 10-15 minutes.

Can you spot the difference after 15 mins?

It "blooms" :P

And I used only like half of them because I'm the only one eating. *sad life*
So I tear them into smaller pieces and put it into a separate bowl.

Now, dehydrated cole!
2. You just need to wash it with water and it is ready to be boiled.

3. I wanted some meat in my soup, so I cut the chicken breast into pieces. 

And added some pepper (for the fun of it LOL)

COOKING
4. Fill your pot with water. 
Depending on your serving size.

5. Then I add on the stock cube (for me, I added one cube because I'm the only one that's eating it), some pepper and salt.
(Don't add too much salt and pepper for this round. Maybe just a pinch of it?)

6. And now the dehydrated cole! 

7. After boiling for around 10 mins, I made sure that the stock cube is totally dissolved, then I add on snow fungus & chicken breasts.


I let it boil for around 15 mins, then I had a sip of the soup for tasting. 
If you're not satisfy with the soup base, you can always add on ingredients to make it taste better. 
It's not too late :)

Wait till you can smell a strong scent of dehydrated cole, the soup is done!
AND READY TO SERVE :D







It's very easy. 
But I will improvise it next time maybe with pork bones and add on more ingredients :D

Hope this helps!

Till then,
signing off :)

Comments