When mum is around;

Been writing down memos on the days I spent with mum;
I think it'll be pretty melancholy for myself to read though.

Dear diary,

My momma is finally here! Mother-daughter reunited after almost 8 months not seeing each other. Today is her third day in Melbourne and well, it wasn't the way I pictured everything would be. The weather was pretty bad during the weekdays though.

So on that day itself which is Friday night, I went to the airport slowly anticipate her arrival and ngawww, she gave me a hug the second she saw me, but after that I was told to carry her bags LOL. Just like the old days ahahah. Actually everything was pretty much the same, I mean the topics hmm.

20141011

Yours truly with le mum x
Just realized we had the same smile! Brought her to Mornington with the twins and uncle. Had quite some fun. The weather was really good. From Ashcombe Maze > Arthur's Seat Lookout Point > Dromana Foreshore Reserve > Point Nepean National Park. Mum collected some stones from the beach LOL. Cute ain't her?

20141012

Decided to bring her around the market. Went to Camberwell market at first > Prahran and lastly, Queen Victoria Market. Uncle brought her to St Kilda Beach though! He stole my beach moment with mum haha jk

And that's the day I cooked for my mum. Cool mum is too cool to express herself hmm.


Last minute inspiration when I was in Prahran market. Bought 3 bunch of asparagus for 5AUD and broccoli with oyster mushrooms for just 99cents each. Funny how the market seller acknowledge his staff for serving pretty girls but not hardworking when there's no one around lolol. I SHYYYY.
And it's really uncomfortable when people saying that if my mum or uncle is around hmm.
I have to admit hanging out with just my mum along with my uncle is pretty stressful and uncomfortable. I am not good at it. At one point I just wanna escape from them so badly so I decided not to join them after buying all the ingredients that I needed to cook that day.

20141013

Met up with my mum and she peeled the strawberries and washed it real clean before she place it on the table. It's been awhile. She used to do that every night back home hmm. Feels like I was back home too <3


I felt bad though. Today I didn't really bring her to anywhere. Just pointed out where's Melbourne Central, Emporium & David Jones and I met up with JB instead one hour before class started.
;
Brought her to try pho @ Richmond and I was amazed by her because I thought she couldn't finish the medium portion but she did! You go, girl mum! HEH. Now I have a definitive prove of my skinny genes for sure! XD
Went to the chemist warehouse in Richmond as well and she bought 2 packs of fish oil. There's this cashier being real friendly huhu. Thank you for being so nice and wishing us a great night :D . I hope I remember his face though heh.


20141014

Brought my mum over to my place and as usual, she'll complain how messy my room is LOL.
And went to Carlton gardens too. Funny how she wanted to eat all the leftovers that we had over at my cousins' place ._____. . Brr. So we bought some vege and mussels from vic market i guess.

Le mum x Royal Exhibition Building
Finally found this Churros at Vic market!
I think this was the day I cooked ABC soup haha. Didn't really go anywhere after shopping at Victoria Market though.


20141015

Haih. All the talks about money issues of having me studying here. Boohoo. Really hate how money issues can really affect the overall mood. Not to say that it doesn't matter. Yes, its important but if only money wasn't the issue of anything at all. It's fucking annoying. Nonono don't judge because it wasn't as complicated as you thought. Just that I dont really like to talk about money matters with my mum. It sorta spoil my mood that day though.
Because when she mentioned about this, it made me extremely guilty or feeling bad about the choice I made.
Sigh. I just hope that next year would be a better start. I wouldn't need to burden her anymore since it's my last year in Melbourne. SIGHHHH

Brought her to Fitzroy gardens > MCG > Yarra Park > Olympic Park > Royal Botanic Gardens > Shrine of Remembrance.
Royal Botanic Gardens was a blast though!
I didn't knew it was freaking huge and I always thouht King's Domain was the Royal Botanic Gardens. I was so wrong hahaha




20141016

Refer to my post about 21st :)


20141017

It's sort of my very last day spending time with my mum. Hmm. Well, I enjoyed her stay and also doesn't really enjoy in a way. I felt like I'm obliged to keep her company and she doesn't seem enthusiastic like I pictured it would be. MUM, Y U SO COOL. YOU MAKING ME STRESSSSS
I'm not backstabbing her. Just voicing out my opinion.
It's like I'm back to my old life but somehow more stressful than ever because she's still in her converting-currency-period but I'm not. Everything I do she'll disagree because of again, money matters. Gahhhh.
The itinerary that I planned with my cousins, oh well, it only accomplished for like 30%. The furthest places that we had been was Mornington and that's it. I wrote down Philip Island and Great Ocean Road but neh, I guess my mum just enjoyed staying in watching her Korean drama at home and eating in with me.
I guess it's good in a way because she made it feel like I am back to my old lifestyle. *positive thinking*
But I am pretty sure when she's gone, I'll be homesick all over again.

Let's enjoy this Friday!

It was a pretty good start; went to lecture. Had some tips from the lecturer. Fixed my thai food cravings with le friend.
Then went over to my cousin's place to find my mum.
There's this guy held the lift for me and he asked how's it going today to me. And I answered "great! but you didn't press the button for the floor, did you?" and he's like "hey! you distracted me!"
HAHAHA. Cracks me up. Thanks dude for being so nice.

..........

Brought her to Williamstown and damn, wasted quite some time just to wait for the train's arrival and ugh, there's no direct train so we took the bus there after we reached Newport.
After all the "obstacles" we been through, I am glad that she showed some interest in this area :) . At least I get to see satisfaction on this very last day of hers. And also, the very last day hanging out with her, snapping pictures, sharing opinions about how gorgeous are the flowers. Come to think of it, I was pretty much an idiot for not capturing some pictures with her while we were visiting that peaceful town :( SIGHHH.




Had our last dinner together along with one of the twin @ Red Silks restaurant. She had her mixed vege fried rice and I had wah tan hor OMGGG. It's been more than 8 months since I had that shit! Mouthgasm.
Slept over at my cousin's place and watching my mum fall asleep sorta made my heartache because I know I won't be having sleepovers with my mum anytime soon. ARGH. Typing all of these just made me emotional all over again.

20141018

Which is today, the day when she flew off to Sydney. Woke up around 7.30am and the twins decided to tag along with us to Southern Cross station as well. Such cuties haha.
My mum waved them goodbye and hugged both of them before taking the Skybus with me.
When we were in the bus, she had her last naggings with me. I know she mean well. But I am just being myself, not responding because that's what I usually does back home.
I knew my eyes got teary but I tried not to because that's not the worst part yet.

Helped her check in her luggage and stuff. And that's when I hugged her and she said to me, "okay, nv er, take care and study well. see you next year k." FUCKKK. I am crying while typing this :/ . And that's when I shed my tears and I told her "I just couldn't handle my tears again, could I? have fun in Sydney mum." :'(

Though, I cried for a bit while walking back to the bus station to catch the bus, somehow I heard someone calling " Yan, Yan, Yan!" LOL It's mum trying to ask me to carry some stuffs back home because her hand carry luggage was overweight.
Bla bla bla. Settled. And that's when I last saw her waving at me, ensuring that she's good to go.

I knew it! I knew deep down. No matter how much I complaint about how she made me feel pressured and how restricted I was when she's around, I FUCKING ENJOY HER PRESENCE, SHE STILL IS MY MOTHER. I would always wanna be around her no matter how much I dislike it. Not to say I dont enjoy her companion, it's just I'm being an immature brat.
It's always at these times, I regret for all the things that I have done, all the decisions that I made that burdens her, all the stuffs that I had done which makes her disappointed or whatsover, but I know I am lucky to have her.
No matter how she restricts me, how she choose to not go around much for her stay in Melbourne, it's because she wanted to save as much as she can for the sake of me and my sister.

How can you find such noble woman and yet, I'm being such a spoiled brat for not being treasuring those moments when she's around.

Once again, thanks mum, thank you for fulfilling the promise of visiting me this year, even though is much delayed but you made it anyway :)

And also, thank you for being there with me on my exact birthday. That means alot to me. Really.

p/s:
Nope, I wouldn't let her know how I actually felt because I wouldn't want her to know this side of mine which showed how weak and fragile I actually is. Even though I am all rainbows and lame around her, I still have this lonely thoughts. 
not to mention, my mum write emails to me. see how oldschool she is!

Miss you so much already!



Love, daughter.
20141018 : 2100

Comments