Day 2: City Tour // Adelaide Bound | 20140717

Warning warning: super loooong post ahead.

Welcome to Adelaide's State Library!

Will brag about that gorgeous place soon.
I'm back with talking about my day 2 in Adelaide.
Back with peaceful mind & thoughts as well.
I'm better off with douches.

That day's weather was not as pleasant so Siew Ern decided to just bring me around the city.
From the central market to University of Adelaide plus more and more food hunting of course!

Let the images talk first ; 

Destination 1 : 
Central Market of Adelaide

I had brunch first before starting my journey.

Big Table :D
which locates in central market woo.
It's a Thursday but there's still quite a number of customers.



Hello Mocha!

And it's a really BIG cup.
Never in my life seen such a big cup of mocha.
It's only 4.60AUD yo!
I swear the amount of mocha inside was like 2 cups of the usual mocha back in Melbourne.
Miss that place already.

Ordered the Big Brekkie for sharing so we can have more meals later.
It's 16.80AUD if I'm not mistaken.
Not forgetting how THICK is the toast.
I bet you can judge right from the picture.



Picture with the breakfast.
Happy girl with the morning face. Told you the mocha was big!

Roquette, scrambled eggs, creamy mushrooms, BACON & tomatoes too!
Even though it's just a usual american style breakfast but it sure is satisfying because of the generous portion!
Too bad I'm not based in Adelaide if not I'll make this place my usual spot man.

Big Table on Urbanspoon

.............

Some pictures of the central market. 
Didn't really capture much pictures here but definitely a different kind of market if you were to compare to Queen Victoria Market in Melbourne.
Less crowded and more organized.



Love this candy store!
Lotsa lollies.

...........................

On the way to the tourist spots @ North Terrace!
Random Pictures: 
Rainy day ; Waiting for the tram at the tram stop.


Hilton Adelaide opposite the tram stop.

In the Tram.

Passed by Rundle Mall.

Not sure why I took this but HAHA
Smoke freeeee.



Awesome outdoor shopping heaven!







Adelaide city has free WiFi.
Super jealousssss








Destination 2: A visit to the State Library.

Modern x Classical design.







The kid playing checkers with his dad.
Super cute!










The old library.
Look at how amazing is the design.
Feels like I'm in Hogwarts or something.
DAYUMMM







Destination 3: South Australian Museum




 




The kid pointing at the lion awwwww
















Destination 4 : The Art Gallery of South Australia 

I find art galleries have the ability to screw with your thoughts.
Always ended up having lots of weird thoughts.































Kinda creepy no?

This is interesting!




Destination 4 : University of Adelaide 

Envy how this campus looked like the campus that we saw from Hollywood movies. Unlike RMIT lollll














Not sure why there's a Confucius here.


I love this library!
It does feel like an actual one tsk.


























Oh them winter feels.
Poor trees with no leaves on.










.................

Random pictures along some random streets.











Break time @ Nano.











It's been awhile since I saw reasonable price FRESHLY SQUEEZED orange juice.
 So without any hesitant, I ordered a medium size one. However, I wasn't in the mood for any italian food displayed on the counter (pizzas, salads bla bla bla). It's not that they aren't attractive. But I was into something sweet!
 Hence, this Italian doughnut as my snack.
 Never knew the existent of Italian doughnut and this was something that I had never tasted before.
It was coated with sugar but it's not too sweet and somehow pretty flour-ish.

Nano on Urbanspoon

.................

Next is the famous chocolatier in Adelaide!

Steven ter Horst Chocolatier













  
They have a shelf of chocolates and those tiny bits of chocolates where you can get as a souvenir.
Besides,
this place reminds me of Chez Dre because of the colorful gateaux that were displayed at the counter.
Ordered this really good looking Raspberry Blush.
It was alright and there's a lil' surprise in the middle too.
But I find the coconut bits on the bottom sorta spoil the taste of the raspberry.
That's just me :/

Steven ter Horst Chocolatier on Urbanspoon

....................
Went back home to recharge for a bit and recharge my dead phone.




...........................

Sadly my phone died so the remaining pictures will be just me and those scenic place.

 The railway station that reminded me of Wreck-It-Ralph.


Parliament!





It was a rainy day.
Picture with the cute cactus in the Botanical Garden. 



 .......................

Went to Wasai for dinner.
Met some new friends! And not forgetting how good was the Sushi Boat and sadly, no pictures.

Wait, there's a picture of my Tempura Udon LOL

Went back home to grab my sad phone which is still super dead.
But for the sake of keeping some images of my dessert!
Went to Matcha House which locates at North Adelaide.

Urbanspoon-ed this place before I went to Adelaide and this restaurant's menu caught my eye as they have everything which involves Greeeeen Tea!
Match-misu, Matcha-ccino etc etc.




My photogenic matcha sundaeeeee.

Siew Ern's matcha waffle w matcha ice cream
seriously matcha overload man ahaha

We were all excited at first and yeap, I agree that the desserts' plating are really good, best for the feast of your eyes, but sadly, the desserts itself are not as memorable as it looks.
One time visit for this place is really enough.

Matcha House on Urbanspoon

...........................

AHHH. Finally done with day 2 posts oh goodness.
It's a really looong one because of the pictures I took.
Seriously, the city's scenery are too nice not to be captured hence, the amount of pictures appeared right here.
Thank you for your patience HAHA

Till then, xx.





If you had already decided to screw it up from the very start, you should've expect the consequences.
Didn't you know the story about "The Boy who Cried Wolf?" 
Pathetic.

Comments