21st;

What's it like to be 21st?

Today I woke up being a 21st but meh, I am still the same old lazy ass crawling out of the bed.
I wasn't anticipating today's arrival. It's not like when you wake up being a 21st and you feel refreshed lolol. Having nonsense imagination. 

I was pretty much afraid to grow a year older because I am one step closer to responsibility (not to say I don't take responsibility, by here I mean have to encounter more), one step closer to graduation, one step closer the actual REALITY. I know no one wants to deal with this sort of shit but sigh, if you get a chance to runaway, wouldn't you?

One more thing, everyone has their 21st birthday a grand one, they had big parties, they had "key" that symbolizes freedom. But for me, well, I never had the guts to ask my mum to throw a party for me, plus I was sort of lucky that my mum was coincidentally around during this period of time because seriously, this wasn't really plan at all. I never would have thought she'll visit me during October and yeap, here she is. Together with me in Melbourne.
A month ago, I was wondering how this day would be like. I even had this thought about asking my mum to get me a "key" necklace as my present just to be in trend like everyone else did.

Until yesterday, we had the mother daughter talk about my life here and nope, that thought just flew away because I should be really grateful that she allowed me to study abroad. If I insist on getting the things I want from her, it'll be a rip off and I'll be her worse nightmare of the rest of her life. Guess I don't want that, do I? I know she mean no harm by the things she said to me, but it's pretty ouch in a way like she's sort of regret of sending me overseas :/ Sigh.

One more thing I wanna address is, yeap, I certainly did not put on any hopes on this very day anymore because I knew it is no longer magical ever since I got out of high school. When I was young, I get to celebrate my birthday with all my relatives. I get cake, presents and lots of FRUITS on the table. High school period is when I started to celebrate with friends and bla bla bla. College and university was hmm. Things fall apart and the celebration was not as magical before. So yeap, I decided not to make this day a day worth celebrating. I mean it's nice having people wanted to celebrate with you :) It's just that this day is no longer the way I pictured it anymore just like everyone else's because I deserve a peaceful and quiet celebration.
I still remember how upset I was last year, but at least today, I was happier than ever as compared to the year before. 

Actually this post doesn't intend to sound emotional haha. It's just the flooding of my thoughts about 21st. I ensure you today, it ain't gonna be a BIG celebration for mine just like other girls did. But I am really grateful because tonight I get to celebrate with my closed ones. And oh, not forgetting those that sent their birthday wishes to me. You made my day guys!

Happy 21st Wai Yan :) 
May you have a awesome 21st ahead. More ups, less downs. 
That's all I'll hope for, 
And make your mum proud!
Regards, Wai Yan.

Written on 20141016 / 0915.

To be continued ...

So I had my best looong nap on my birthday lolol. Pathetic. 
Had dinner with my mum and twin cousies @ Little Creatures Dining Hall. Ordered the Rosemary Pizza, 2 serves of Pork Sliders and a Spicy Lenthil Dahl to share. 
Had La Petite Gateau cake from the twins too ❤ 
And it's my mum's treat! 

Till then xx. 



Comments