Day 5: Yum Cha, Christies Beach & Eggless Dessert // Adelaide Bound | 20140720

Day 5 continues. Oh my goodness. I had been procrastinating.

Yum Cha @ Star House.




Fried Oysters!

I take back what i said about zha leung before.
This one is really goooood! :D

........

While on my way to the Adelaide Central Station to catch the train towards Christies Beach!




Day view of Adelaide Oval.






















Arrived! First destination of the day: Christies Beach.
A really nice and girly name.




























Had a coffee break @ Blu C Cafe.



Went back to the city and headed ourselves to this Sir Cafe.







Ordered the matcha lava. The first thing that caught my eye and I didn't regret my decision.
Poked the lava cake and the matcha syrup come crawling out from the cake right away.
Love the richness of the green tea and along with the green tea ice cream and whipped cream which made it not too sickening.
Not to mention the vintage design of this cafe, it's like we're travelling back to the 80s.

Sir Cafe on Urbanspoon

..............

After having dessert, we continue on our foodie journey @ Fancy Burger.












Damn. The bun for the burger is REALLY good and crispy!
Even though the inner area of this restaurant reminded of Grill'd but this is definitely better.
Hands down.
I ordered the mini smoke burger and everything was just satisfying.
Personally like the bun because I've never tried a crispy burger bun like this one!
Again, Melbourne, y u no have Fancy Burger?!

FB's Fancy Burgers on Urbanspoon

...........

Finally my turn to visit this Eggless Dessert!

And it's a really busy the way how my friends described it to me.
Everyone were lining up way before the place even open.
And that day was a onesie night. So everyone dressed up pretty adorable :3 And I was excused not to wear because I didn't know about that.










This place is run by a Malaysian couple and I'm super proud of them (mentally).
We were considered early but still didn't manage to be the first batch of people entering the place on that day.
So we wrote down our name on the waiting list and it took us around 20 mins to get a spot for two.
It was not too bad given that the wait staffs are really friendly and it was super crowded.
Totally understandable as it was a lovely dessert place and they change their menu monthly. Plus they even have daily specials. How can one be so creative!

We ordered the sharing platter so we get to taste 4 of the specials on board.
Turkish Tiramisu, Mont Blanc CheeseCake, Grilled Banana & Chocolate Brownie, Thai Tea Creme Brulee.
I love how they make all the specials a mini version for people to try it all.
Personally, I find the Thai Tea Creme Brulee the best among the others.
P/s: Please note that what I had is only for July 2014, so what I had during that time you may not be able to taste it when you were there :/ Just a reminder.

Eggless on Urbanspoon

Till then xx.


Comments