23rd April: Yarra Valley Day Tour

This is a throwback post. 
It happened during Easter break; Since this trip was affordable (15aud) as it is organized under Unilodge and I've never joined any of the activities yet, I decided to give it a go. 

We all gathered at Melbourne Central and we departed around 10 in the morning.

On the road:


It took almost an hour to reach our first destination. I had a good sleep in the bus (Y)

First Stop: Rochford Winery



The exterior design of the Rochford restaurant. Damn I wish we were having lunch here instead. With the Angus beef and refillable wine. *dream on*



Look at those pretty yellow leaves of the grapes. Too bad there's no actual grapes >:(

Meanwhile,

.

..


We're asked to play archery in the vineyard & I totally didn't see that coming at all!
Well it was a good day to do so, sunny weather and spacious grassland with awesome scenery. 
Apparently, they hosted quite alot of events such as weddings or music festivals using the provided space. 

Okay.. So my very first archery experience happened at the wine yard :D






She's the coach! Very helpful lady and thanks to her, I did manage to hit the bulls eye quite a few times.



 I need to strike a pose with the bow :P

So about after an hour, we were asked to stop and proceed to the wine tasting MUAHAH.


Lovin' the design of the wine glass.



Look the that handsome dude introducing the Rochford wines.
WOO. 
But damn it, he didn't serve my table.
My friends and I were so bummed out. So we decided to take pictures of him from far. 
Ahem potential creepy stalker.




Look how good looking he is <3. 
Note: I am talking about the one standing while serving the wine, not the one sitting and staring tsk.



Trying out the first wine. 
12 months Savignon Blanc.It was still alright. Not really a wine person.
Sorry if I'm not being helpful at all. Go taste it yourself!

CHEERS!

The Chardonnay 2011.
I remember not fancying the taste. Taste super dry. Ugh.

Pinot Noir 2011.

Cabernet Noir 2011.



I did learn something during this wine tasting.
Well, the names of the wine :P

Before we leave the place, 
some pictures at the wine yard.


The girls.

Alright! 
2nd Stop: Acacia Ridge Winery









This is our lunch stop as well :D


The sausages were gooood. Had salad, bread, beef and roasted potatoes as well. There's also cheese with biscuits but nah, me no like cheese. 

I tried the moscato. Oh I love sweet wines.

Not forgetting to mention, they have a sauce table. MOTHER OF SAUCES WOO.

More pictures on the wine yard & cottage house:



That's the toilet. Not sure why there's a barrel over there but it's unique heh.



















My shoes matches the grass. 

Stupid jump shot #1

Stupid Jump Shot #2

Group photo with the "gang".

3rd stop & the last: Yarra Valley Ice Creamery & Chocolateria.




The big ass chocolate bar!





Let me show you the new episode of How It's Made: Chocolate :P


They have a huge store selling all CHOCOLATES yo. I'm not kidding. More pictures of chocolates!









There's even bath essentials with chocolate base. Like chocolate oil? LOL




Free chocolate tasting :P


Now the ice cream time baybeh.



Ice cream date: featuring the ice cream LOL

I had one scoop of mango & peach.
ONE SCOOP man. But it looks like ten scoops in it lolol. Aussie Portion. And it's only 4.50aud!







Non stop posing with le ice cream. tsk tsk.



Apricot tree.

Lime tree.

Orange tree.







That's about it. Basically the overall trip is just eating and sipping on wine while enjoying the breathtaking scenery. 
But I loved it! Even though it's just a brief trip, it's relaxing.

Hopefully in the future, I get the chance to check out how wine is made; rather than just tasting them.

.

..

Before that, just wanna share my favorite best dressed couple (in my opinion) for the MET GALA 2014:

Photo credits to Google image. Forgot where I got it from ._.

Left: David & Victoria Beckham
Right: Blake Lively & Ryan Reynolds

Yeah, it was completely out of nowhere and doesn't even relate to what I blogged beforehand.

Till then, 

Toodles!


Comments