17th May: Dim Sum & Moscato & Reservoir Park

Weekend getaway with the cousins and we went to like 3 places?

My uncle rented a car and we went to these places within 6 hours :D

Before that, 
we went yumcha for brunch.
Funny how yumcha means having dimsum cuz if it's back in Malaysia, it's sipping on teh tarik in mamak and talking crap with your buddies haha.
So it's still kinda hard for me to relate yumcha with dim sum HEH.

We went to SharkFin Inn in Chinatown around 11.30am & omg so bloated.
It's been awhile. But it's Hong Kong style so still feels kinda new to me.
The choices of dimsums are different and kinda unusual.
But the egg tart is heavenly!
Not to mention the porridge as well. Chinese style porridge which I miss soooo much!
OZ's porridge is oats so .. LOL
Don't get fool with that if you saw porridges in your brunch menus.


Sorry if this picture disgust you :P
Trying to show what this is but errrr looks kinda disgusting from the picture that I took.

It is actually something like this
Credits to Pintrest!

or like this
Credits to Yelp


They name it Zha Leung.
This is very ... Not really a fan. 
It's umm, chee cheong fun (rice noodle roll) wrapping Yao Zha Guai (Chinese Crullers)
I love this two thingy but combination of it? Not so :/
When I first saw it, my first thought is "What the Heck?" & "EUUUU"
Even after I tried it, still doesn't really change my mind haha.
It's my own opinion okay!
You can try it yourself.


This heavenly egg tart. The custard is actually liquid-ish muahaha.



.


..


Time to get going!
Took us around 1 hour to reach Coldstream!

And we stopped by to try the Pale Ale and their famous cider :D



Coldstream Brewery, Bar and Restaurant




Left: Pale Ale and the right drink is the cider :D

And next stop!

Innocent Bystander/Giant Steps
Interesting name. 

And oh on the way to Healesville, there's this car beside us and the guy was like waving LOL
Not sure if he's friendly or hardly see Asians around?
No racism intended. Just wondering.

Okay so back to 



Not sure if you can see it clearly. 
It's Innocent Bystander btw.
Loving the architecture!

That's the back design. 
Giant Steps :)





AH. Autumn.

The interior design:
Pastriessss.





Cheeseeeee.  >:(




The outdoor seats:






Too bad we're still bloated from the dimsums we had so we just ordered some pastries and MOSCATO!

So cute. Served in a 500mL conical flask :)








And the next stop which is the last stop,

Maroondah Reservoir Park

So lazy to explain what we did over there. We just looked around and enjoy the scenic view.
Taking pictures and stuff.

Pictures ahead :)

Pretty tree :3





































My twin cousins :D





Looks like my cousin is hitting my private part with her bag lolol



Candid picture of me saying "STOP TAKING ANYMORE PICTURES!"

Alright. 
That's about it.
Many thanks to my cousins and relatives for asking me to tag along.
It's really nice when you have someone around to take care of you :')
I'm grateful.

Had a really great time and damn, have to start working on reports.

Till then,
signing off!

Comments